Living in Reston where a typical July afternoon reaches 90+ degrees, you really get to understand the meaning of "the dog days of summer." It's a great time of year to slow down and just enjoy the company of family and friends.
I especially love sitting outside and listening to good music or losing myself in a classic movie. Reston offers multiple opportunities for you to do just that. Here is the August schedule of movies and music at Reston Town Center and Lake Anne Plaza. Perhaps I'll see you at one of them...
- Insomnia Theater Series at Bow Tie Cinemas at Reston Town Center--every Friday and Saturday at 11:30 p.m.: Aug 1 and 2: "Fast Times at Ridgemont High," Friday August 1 Aug 9 and 10: "Pink Floyd--The Wall" Aug 16 and 17: "The Fifth Element" Aug 23 and 24: "Galaxy Quest" Aug 30 and 31: "The Blues Brothers"
- Movies and Mimosa Series at Bow Tie Cinemas at Reston Town Center--every Saturday and Sunday at 11:00 a.m. Aug 2 and 3: "You Can't Take it With You" Aug 10 and 11: "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" Aug 17 and 18: "Harvey" Aug 24 and 25: "Pollyanna" Aug 31 and Sept 1: "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea"
- "Some Like it Hot," Sunday August 11 at Lake Anne Plaza (starts at sundown)
- Thursday Night Concerts at Lake Anne Plaza, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Aug 1: Four Star Combo (Vintage Rockabilly Honky Tonk) Aug 8: Oasis (Reggae) Aug 15: Iona (Traditional Pan-Celtic) Aug 22: Anthony "Swamp Dog" Clark (Blues with a Funk Edge) Aug 29: Sin Miedo (Salsa and Latin Classics)
- Friday Night Live Concerts at M&S Grill Reston, Reston Town Center--every Friday from 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Saturday Night Live Music at Reston Town Center--every Saturday from 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Aug 3: Nathan & The Zydeco Cha Chas Aug 10: Cheick Hamala Diabate & Corey Harris Aug 17: U.S. Navy Band Commodores Aug 24: Jump Street
- 7th Annual Jazz and Blues Festival, Saturday August 31 at Lake Anne Plaza (noon to 8:30 p.m.)