You thought the holidays were over? Wrong. It's almost Valentine's Day, and it's not too early to plan your special Reston Valentines Day. Whether you're spending the day with your sweetie, your kids, or your friends, there is plenty to do here in Reston. I originally thought this post would center on Reston restaurants having Valentine's dinner specials, but I was amazed at all the wonderful things I found to do. Horse drawn carriage rides? Sign me up.
Here are five great local things that will make your Reston Valentine's Day memorable.
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides at Town Center. 5:30 to 9:30. Pick up location in front of Talbot's on Market Street. $5 per person. Children 5 and under ride free. Presented by Reston Town Center; all proceeds benefit Volunteer Fairfax!
- Relaxing massages. What could be nicer than treating your love to an hour of relaxation. Technically Rejuvenations Massage Therapy is in Herndon, but the owners live in Reston.
- Chocolates for your sweetie. Chesapeake Chocolates at Lake Anne is your source for locally made, fine chocolates (I know they're fine because I've sampled most of them). Visit their website to get a flavor.
- Flowers to brighten the day. Sure roses are traditional, but you'll find so many more beautiful options from my favorite local florists. May Flowers at Reston Town Center and Lake Anne Florist will create truly memorable bouquets for your love. (And you can also pick up a bottle of lovely Virginia wine at Lake Anne Florist.)
- A beautiful piece of jewelry. Burke Jewelers in Northpoint Village has a lovely selection of fine jewelry. You can never go wrong with giving your honey something that sparkles.
What are you doing to celebrate Valentine's Day?