One of the many benefits of living in Reston is having access to the 15 Reston Association Pools in our community. (Even if you aren't an RA member, you can still get a pass to the RA pools.) Like most amenities in Reston, the pools were situated throughout Reston with the idea that people could walk to their neighborhood pool. And people can. Every pool features lap lanes, areas to splash around, and plenty of lounge chairs. But over the years, each pool has developed it's own personality and attracts people for different reasons. Here's a lowdown on what each pool offers so you can plan your day in the sun (or shade).
For children of all ages
- Autumwood (11950 Walnut Branch Road, North Reston) This pool's large wading area with a fountain is great for toddlers. There is also a covered picnic area and playground nearby.
- Glade (11550 Glade Drive, South Reston) With a 20-foot slide, this pool is a favorite for kids of all ages! Parents can relax in the spa while the kids are sliding or diving off the 1-meter diving board. There is also a wading pool for the little ones
- Hunters Woods (2501 Reston Parkway, South Reston) This pool features separate water basketball and volleyball areas, a diving board, and children's splash area. For the parents, there is a large spa. The pool also features an ADA ramp into main pool.
- North Hills (1325 North Village Road, North Reston) This pool features two shallow play areas, one of which has a fountain. For family day at the pool, there are also picnic tables, a grass beach area, and a picnic pavilion with grills. And don't forget the spa!
- North Shore (11515 North Shore Drive, North Reston)This heated pool is a family favorite. It opens early in the season and is the last pool to close in September. The pool features a spa, wading pool, ADA ramp to the pool deck, ADA hydrolift chair into the main pool, and shaded upper deck with picnic tables.
- Shadowood (2201 Springwood Drive, South Reston) This is a smaller and quieter pool than Glade, but feature a small slide for the kids. There is also a wading pool and small picnic area.
- Uplands (11032 Ring Road, North Reston) This is the premier pool for families with toddlers. The zero-depth children's pool (0-3 feet deep) has interactive fountains, a cold-water spa, and an interactive sand pit. The pool also has an ADA in-water wheel chair.
For serious swimmers
- Lake Newport (11601 Lake Newport Road, North Reston) This is Reston's only 50 meter pool and is a favorite for serious swimmers. There is also a sand volleyball area, and two 1-meter diving boards, a wading pool, and a covered picnic area with grills.
For sun worshippers
With plenty of sunny spots, these pools are great if you want to get some serious rays.
- Dogwood (2460 Green Range Road, South Reston)
- Golf Course Island (11301 Links Drive, North Reston). There is also a large playground with grills next to the pool--perfect for summer parties.
- Lake Audubon (2070 Twin Branches Road, South Reston). In addition to your pool amenities, there is a boat ramp to Lake Audubon nearby if you want to take out your canoe or sunfish.
For shade seekers
If you want to spend the day at the pool without spending a day in the sun, these pools are perfect for you.
- Lake Thoreau (2040 Upper Lake Drive, South Reston)
- Newbridge (11758 Golf Course Square, South Reston)
- Ridge Heights (11400 Ridge Heights Road, South Reston). This pool is heated. It opens early in the season and is one of the last pools to close.
- Tall Oaks (12025 North Shore Drive, North Reston)
For spa lovers
If you love the Jacuzzi as much as the swim, visit these pools:
- Hunters Woods
- Lake Thoreau
- North Hills
- North Shore
Which pool is your favorite?